jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

High School/College/University etc. Theater/Drama students: What was your best m

1. NateSean profile image74
    NateSeanposted 7 years ago

High School/College/University etc. Theater/Drama students: What was your best moment on stage?

For example, my best moment was portraying the dentist Mr. Dussel in the Diary of Anne Frank during the first semester of my senior year of high school. As ways to spend the first month of my eighteenth year, I could think of worse ones.

What was your best stage moment? If you still participate in theater that's okay too.

2. Ask_DJ_Lyons profile image83
    Ask_DJ_Lyonsposted 7 years ago

In high school, I was the lead in two plays that we performed for all the elementary schools in our school district. My best moments was when I got the audience laughing in delight at some of my antics. That gave me quite a high. Little did I ever guess that I would be a professional storyteller someday. I didn't even know such a thing existed at the time.

3. acreach profile image59
    acreachposted 7 years ago

My first year of college I got a role in a play where I had to play a very hard headed, very arrogant and opinionated cardiac surgeon. I could always feel the audience's disapproval of my conduct but my favourite moment ever was during one of the talkbacks where we all came back out after the show and answered questions from the audience. There was one younger girl...perhaps about ten or eleven years of age who asked me 'are you that mean in real life?' It just made the entire evening because I was able to laugh and show her that I was completely unlike my character. Other cast members answered for me as well. I've had many other memorable moments (I played Edith Frank in the Diary of Anne Frank....amazing!) but that's one that immediately sticks out in my mind.

4. carolp profile image81
    carolpposted 7 years ago

My best moment was on my College / University. It was the moment when i first fall in love with someone, have lots fun with friends, lots of unforgetable experiences and finally obtain my profession.

5. NateSean profile image74
    NateSeanposted 7 years ago

One thing I want to add about my performance in high school is that it wasn't actually performed *in* the high school.

The Theater Arts class I was in was taught by the director at Old Castle Theater, one of the most prominent theaters and art galleries in Southern Vermont. And the play was held there.

I read Diary of Anne Frank in middle school and actually "Fell in love" with Anne. So getting to do the play and getting to be on a real stage in a genuine theater was the most amazing moment of my life.

6. profile image0
    DanciaKSposted 4 years ago

Not a theatre/drama student but I do theatre act. Being on stage is already a thrill to me. I love getting the lead and being able to memorize everyone's lines better than themselves. I love stepping into the view of someone else and having a new identity.

7. Craeft profile image81
    Craeftposted 4 years ago

I have since graduated, but I'll pop in an answer here.

I was playing Barnardine in Shakespeare's "Measure for Measure."
    It was an outdoor stage.
    They build my cell under the stage and whenever I was to enter the scene, I crawled out, propped up my cell window with a wooden spoon, and went on with the scene.
    One day, I crawled out and there was a squirrel staring at me about a foot away.  I stopped, looked at the squirrel (little furry bastard wasn't gonna upstage me, dammit), and tried (in character) to get it to go away.  It didn't. Frankly, I couldn't continue the scene with it there because it was blocking my path. So... (because improvising Shakespeare is ALWAYS fun {¬_¬}, I held a brief conversation with this squirrel in all of Barnardine's drunken glory until it decided to scamper away.

Damned squirrel upstaged me anyway.

working