Why do you think some teachers show a lack of self control?

1. ambersagen profile image64
    ambersagenposted 7 years ago

Why do you think some teachers show a lack of self control?

Specifically I am referring to a strange phenomenon I have seen in my college. That is teachers screaming at students.

2. ambersagen profile image64
    ambersagenposted 7 years ago

I have been to two different campuses and have witnessed and been the victim of teachers screaming at students. the first time I witnessed it was during class when the teacher in the next room over started screaming at a student for turning in his work late. And I mean Screaming. It scared my whole class and our teacher as well. Later I found out that this teacher always does this and they let him get away with it because it shows he "cares". Last week I was the target of a teacher who felt he had the right to scream at me and some other students. We were in the hallway talking about a recent test. I guess he felt we were being loud (although we weren’t any louder than anyone else in a hallway usually is) and he asked us to be quiet.  We apologized and he went back to teaching his class, with the door open. Later some other students and I were talking, quietly this time, but he must have heard us. He Screamed at us to shut up, his words not mine, and it was really shocking. I asked someone to close the door for us so it wouldn’t happen again.
    I just don’t understand how adults can act that way in public, and at their jobs too. I felt like the better adult in the situation and I really wanted to ask them to please control themselves. I can’t think of any time I have seen people working at their jobs just do things like that. In most other situations that kind of behavior would get you fired. Plus we are college students. Whether we act like it or not we are adults, and paying customers and deserve some basic respect. So open for discussion; why do you think they act are allowed to act out like this? Do you think it’s right?

3. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Often, teachers show lack of control because an awful lot of their charges are the obnoxious offspring of equally obnoxious parents who spoil it for the teachers and the rest of the pupils.  However, that really isn't an excuse for them lose control of their emotions.

Closed to reply

working