jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Should we take religion into outer space?

1. rafken profile image78
    rafkenposted 7 years ago

Should we take religion into outer space?

Should religious people be carried aboard our space missions or should we leave religion at home?

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Take it into outer space, somewhere like the centre of the Andromeda Galaxy and leave it there where it can do no more harm.

3. rafken profile image78
    rafkenposted 7 years ago

I may like this answer but, if we don't have it and someone else does, how we going to deal with them. If we are not happy with it, we have to deal with it. Not pass it on.

4. junomich profile image61
    junomichposted 7 years ago

Why? All of the wars here on earth are about religion. Why would we want to spread it around?

5. nlthomas profile image58
    nlthomasposted 7 years ago

No, I saw leave it where it is. I for one have no interest in religion, but feel it has no place in outer space either.

6. Time4Travel profile image60
    Time4Travelposted 7 years ago

If the religion doesn't negatively affect the rest of the crew or the mission... I say, why not. Religion is, afterall, a personal choice. But, religion should also not be thrust upon anyone not wanting religious teachings. When it comes to religious leaders, however, I feel like they should stay back on Earth.

7. ArefinShams profile image56
    ArefinShamsposted 7 years ago

before take it into the outer space, we have to fix it peacefully in our world!

8. Abbasangel profile image75
    Abbasangelposted 7 years ago

If we can't carry our religion on our space mission, then you would soon extend this to any workplace.

I think it is a personal choice and I think some people should learn how to use their "religion" appropriately.

I think you are boarding on hampering a Human Right here, to not be discriminated against for any purpose, and I know the irony. I get it - some religions are very alienating in their dealings of others.

I don't think we should start making such hard and fast choices.

9. Smaridge01 profile image78
    Smaridge01posted 7 years ago

2 part answer:

1)  Astronauts should be more than welcome to take THEIR religion into space for their comfort and worship purposes.

2)  Space missions should NOT be based on religion, nor engaged in for the purpose of taking religion into space. Unless and until a church has the ability to buy their own space mission. With private space travel coming, religions can buy their way into space, but I don't think there is a place for religious missions in a government sponsored space program.

10. profile image0
    dennahposted 7 years ago

If we prove there is people there, where should we not take it. Perhaps there need it more than we need.

working