jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I know there is a Black Mamba and a Green Mamba.

1. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

I know there is a Black Mamba and a Green Mamba.

But is there any other members of this family? Also is colour the only difference between them?

2. dallas93444 profile image79
    dallas93444posted 7 years ago

Black mambas are actually brown in color. They get their name from the blue-black of the inside of their mouths, which they display when threatened.

The black mamba has either a dark olive, olive green, grey brown or metal color skin depending on what area on the country the Black Mamba is found.  As Black Mamba‚Äôs begin to age, their skin starts to become darker. 

The green mamba may bear a variety of colors, ranging from greenish-yellow, olive green, emerald green to sky blue or yellow. Its long tail has yellow scales, which are edged in black.

3. minakay profile image60
    minakayposted 7 years ago

Apart from the colours, there is the issue of the nature. The green Mamba is more docile and less poisonous than the black mamba (but you can't tell except u experience it and that is what I sure won't advise). Check the hub by Hassam titled THE MAMBA. It has all the information you need.

4. Chrisagbe profile image73
    Chrisagbeposted 7 years ago

The size of scale and the length is a major difference between the two.

Black Mamba is the longest snake in Africa which
    is venomous and grows to an average length of 2.5metres and can even sometime grow to a length of 4.3metrs. Its name was derived from the black coloration in the mouth.

A Green Mamba(western) is a long thin venomous snake native to West Africa. It has large green scales outlined in black and grows up to 2 meters in length.