Does anyone know why handicapped buses for schools are a different colour and ar

1. LyndaD profile image60
    LyndaDposted 7 years ago

Does anyone know why handicapped buses for schools are a different colour and are shorter?

Does anyone else feel this adds to singling out students with disabilities? I ask this b/c I know a person very close to me was teased by his/her peers strictly because he/she rode the "short blue & white bus" to school.

2. Eve Foss profile image74
    Eve Fossposted 7 years ago

I can't answer about the color. In my area, the busses are all identically painted. However, the size, to my understanding is generally economic. Schools usually don't have as many students using specialized transportation. Most times academically disabled students can ride a regular school bus. The shorter busses are only for students who cannot ride a regular bus, for whatever reason. So a larger bus, which costs a lot more money both to purchase and to drive, is not an economical solution.
    I believe it is a practical decision. However, it does tend to single students out, and I have known of students teased because of it.

3. n.pady profile image55
    n.padyposted 7 years ago

Hi,
    The buses are smaller for the reason that there will not be many kids with differences. It doesn't make these kids any different from the others as it is to help them travel conveniently.

working