jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you do think of creativity? is it born trait or it can acquired by any m

1. ahmed.b profile image78
    ahmed.bposted 7 years ago

What do you do think of creativity? is it born trait or it can acquired by any means?

DO you think that the creativity is a something one is having by birth. Or it can acquired by learning in universities.? Or the middle way to both is that one would have creativity by birth to some extant but it can be enhanced and polished by practicing and learning?

2. MakeEasyCash profile image70
    MakeEasyCashposted 7 years ago

Hmmm.. i have a degree i psychology.. so thoughts are obviously from a psychological perspective. I would tend to think it is a combination of biological features of the brain along with the environment influence mainly in the sense of up bringing. It is common for "creative" parents to have creative children but there are times and cases in which parents are not creative at all but push their children at a young age to establish some sort of creativity......creativity itself is a very broad or general term. Someone may be talented at writing music, sketching, painting, story writing etc. Several times people have to discover their "creative" niche as well and i am sure in some cases it takes years and well into adult hood to discover it (although unlikely).  My thoughts behind inspiring creativity would be to start children at a very young age with hands on brain stimulating games etc. Although some may consider educational tv a good thing research has shown it is linked with several psychological disorders. The best bet to insure proper brain development which "may" lead to a more creative brain is to do as stated earlier... brain teaser that involve hands on games etc etc etc. A whole thesis can be and probably has been written about it already smile

3. profile image0
    Kbraggposted 7 years ago

Personally, I think it may be able to be both. Many people are certainly born with an innate creativity, yet others spend years and tireless hours improving their skills and become some of the most creative people there are.

4. brakel2 profile image79
    brakel2posted 6 years ago

A person is sometimes born with some creative talent but must still develop it by working at it. Some are born with a great deal of creativity in a field and not need as much development. If a person is born with no creative talent, that person needs to take courses, and spend many hours to learn that skill and the success of that person is questionable.

5. Darrell Roberts profile image70
    Darrell Robertsposted 6 years ago

We are all born with a spark of creativity.  People choose to develope their ability as they see fit.  Creativity is also expressed by different people in different ways.  One person may think that some one is creative while others may not, this matter is very subjective.