What makes a person sexy, and can sexiness be learned or acquired?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)
  1. savvydating profile image89
    savvydatingposted 8 years ago

What makes a person sexy, and can sexiness be learned or acquired?

Let's face it, there are individuals out there who don't rely on their beautiful abs or pretty faces to have great sex appeal. In fact, some beautiful people are about as sexy as snails. So....what combination of traits, characteristics or what have you, make some people wildly sexy? Obviously, confidence is very attractive----but what else?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12413536_f260.jpg

2. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 8 years ago

A strong sense of self I think definitely helps.  That sort of ties into confidence, but to me, a person who knows who they are and is genuine and authentic is much sexier and appealing than someone who is more wishy washy or chameleon like in how they deal with people.  There's something about being unafraid to be who you are that is just fantastically sexy.  I also think those who are not overly concerned about the opinions of others can exude a sexiness (despite their looks).  I also find that people who try too hard to be sexy have the opposite effect.  Sex appeal is natural - you have it or you don't and I think that yes, some of it is obviously based on being physically attracted to someone, but most of it is just a vibe the person gives off.  It's hard to describe what "it" is exactly, but I know it when I see it.  This probably also explains why what people find sexy is not universal. 

Oh and intelligence.  Nothing is more unattractive to me than a "pretty face" who happens to be (or worse pretends to be) dumb as a stump.

savvydatingposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Excellent answer. I couldn't agree with you more. And it's true, there is something "indefinable" about  someone who has that "vibe." Sometimes sexiness is in the eye of the beholder.

3. EuroCafeAuLait profile image80
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 8 years ago

I think sexiness and joy are closely related. That extra energy is something that ignites a spark between two people.  Joy comes from self appreciation, even if it is something you have to make yourself believe.  In fact we are all perfect creations, and when you feel that inner harmony, then the environment responds to it in a positive way. I personally think that the key to having a happy and harmonious romantic relationship(s) is to have a positive self esteem, regardless of one's flaws, and to be committed to perpetual self-improvement while appreciating one's present status of being.

I appreciate that you said "regardless of one's flaws." I believe that we are almost never "perfect," but we can be perfectly sexy----in moments, if not always (Always is rare) but that sexiness is,in part, an acceptance of one's self. Thanks, Ana K.

4. word55 profile image71
    word55posted 8 years ago

Sexiness is natural. You don't need to learn or acquire it. From a guys point of a woman, she doesn't need to anything but bring out the uniqueness of herself naturally and with what she has: good looks, intelligence, sense of humor and sweet personality. Of course, she can enhance her sexiness by taking good care of herself and keeping clean. Personally, I look to see natural sexiness in every aspect of a woman from head to toes. I think pretty, soft hands and  feet on a woman are extra natural, sexy attractions even without polishings and embellishing. A smoking woman is not sexy at all. In fact, smoking subtracts sexiness and class. An excessive drinking woman is not sexy at all, either.

A woman who is classy is very sexy, as is a man. I believe that through education and humility, classiness, hence, sexiness can be acquired. It also helps if one's parents had "class." What do you think, word55?

2. word55 profile image71
      word55posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I go along with that savvydating. Thank you for asking.

5. moonfroth profile image68
    moonfrothposted 8 years ago

Initially, it's physical.  "It" has to start somewhere!  Each of us has some magic criterion, a 'starter trigger' that turns us on, quickens the pace of our 'precious bodily fluids' (to steal a line from "Dr. Strangelove").  A female friend tells me that Clint Eastwood's WALK drives her crazy.  Another tells me that Jack Palance dismounting from his horse in the classic Western, "Shane", is "the sexiest moment in the history of film."   I go nuts over breasts and long legs..........on girls, that is.  So after the initial 'trigger'--and assuming you can get in the presence of this gorgeous piece--one of two things happens:  1]  the initial trigger is all you need.  No matter what, As you interact with this person and other characteristics emerge, you remain drawn to them sexually.  In the primitive beginnings of our species, I doubt that sexiness got beyond this stage,  Attraction probably led quickly to copulation, because the imperative back then had nothing to do with social niceties, it had to do with increasing the population.  Period.  In our modern era, sexual attraction is more complicated.  If my busty gazelle-legged woman has a voice like a screech owl, is vain beyond description, and spends all her time putting everyone else down.......I'm quickly turned OFF.  In my case, my SECONDARY criteria for sexiness must be met for the attraction to continue

[Aside.  Most honest men are pretty basic creatures when it comes to sexual attraction.  Whether said in words (to a male companion) or said to oneself, first thought is "wow!  I'd love to screw THAT!"  The coarse language is needed here to capture the thought--that's how 'basic' it is!
    Women who've discussed this topic with me are much more sophisticated.  Where men just want to 'get in there', women's sexual triggers, even initially, seem more long-term.  Part of what turns them on sexually is an ineffable sense that this guy would be a good father, will stick by them, will be a true mate, physically, emotionally, and functionally. ]  End of aside

Okay, back to secondary criteria of  sexiness. 2]  smile and openness.  For me, a woman's smile reveals her spirit.  An open, genuine, frequent smile signals a woman confident within herself and openly interested in  the people around her.  She needn't be full of confidence, but to keep my interest she must be CURIOUS and eager to know more.....about everything.  These qualities give heart and spirit to all those breasts and long legs................

Moonfroth, you are so awesome. Seriously, you know how to pinpoint the obvious. No hedging around for you. Needless to say, I believe you understand how men and women view sexiness---and those reasons are different....but in a good & necessary wa

6. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 8 years ago

I believe "sexy" is much like "beauty" in that it's in the eye of the beholder. Most of us have experienced admiring someone while a friend or other person said; "I don't see it!" LOL!
    I suppose each of us has our own subliminal cues or triggers when we see others that registers high on the sex appeal chart. It may be one's confidence, sense of humor, the way they dress, their overall personality, and even their outlook on life. Nevertheless facial features and body type generally play a significant part as well.
    Ultimately no one is going to get the universal stamp of approval when it comes to being sexy. Therefore we're all probably better off being the best person we can be.
    Thankfully there are over 7 Billion on the planet and the odds are in our favor that more than a few will find each of us sexy. smile

I agree that sexy is in the eye of the beholder. Your advice to be the best person we can be is fantastic. Great answer, dashingscorpio!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)