jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are you learning Chinese?

1. Joan1 profile image57
    Joan1posted 7 years ago

Are you learning Chinese?

Are you a non-Chinese native learning the Chinese language?
    Why are you learning it and how is it going?

2. saanj H profile image76
    saanj Hposted 7 years ago

Hi,

No. but given a chance, i would love to.

3. profile image0
    GavNugentposted 7 years ago

Yes, I am! Im taking it as an elective (extra class) in university. It's fairly difficult, but I have a good teacher, which helps a lot! Its going fairly well, I can hold a basic conversation and write a small amount in chinese characters.

I decided to learn chinese for a few reasons. I've always had a desire to travel in asia, which I hope to do next year, and I figured it would help. Also, china is an emerging super-power, so having chinese may be a bonus for future employment. I have to say, Im enjoying it so far, but wouldnt recommend it to people who wouldnt commit to it. Ive been learning for about 6 months.

4. jcnasia profile image59
    jcnasiaposted 7 years ago

Yes.  I'm learning Chinese because I live in China, and if I can't speak Chinese, I'm going to get awfully hungry.

5. kevin.baker profile image61
    kevin.bakerposted 7 years ago

Wo xiang yao xue hanyu (I would write this using Chinese characters, but Hubpages doesn't allow it...)! It is a very difficult language, and after 7 years in China, I still have a lot to learn.

6. profile image46
    xiaoheiyanposted 7 years ago

Here is good website. There are a lot free lessons and you can also learn online. They offer online Chinese course.
    http://www.echinesecourse.com

working