jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If you were given the chance to meet Hitler...

1. ryancarter profile image60
    ryancarterposted 7 years ago

If you were given the chance to meet Hitler...

Knowing full well what he brought about, if you were given one chance to meet "teenage Hitler", how would it go?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4904985_f260.jpg

2. blake4d profile image59
    blake4dposted 7 years ago

I would introduce him to swing dancing and advise he skip art school.

3. zzron profile image56
    zzronposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4903855_f260.jpg

I would have talked to him about Jesus and let him know that senseless murder is never a good thing.

4. beolens profile image60
    beolensposted 7 years ago

Nothing, how am I to know that trying to change history would not have resulted in something worse?

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 7 years ago

I would probably do nothing. Changing history is never a good thing. Also, he himself was jewish. He knew about the religion, Christ, everything. He knew what he was killing off. Getting rid of the jews was not his main goal, only a part of the domination process.

6. mcrawford76 profile image82
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

Wow, I can't beleive that I'm the only one who thinks that I would probably shoot him in the face. Oh well.

7. TimMEy profile image82
    TimMEyposted 7 years ago

Shoot him in the Face!!!

Are you guys serious? How could it possibly got worse?

Jesus? He knew about Jesus and considered him a as enemy. Didn´t you take part in history class? He was like a disease and you could not reason with him, that´s exactly what the other governments tried and failed.

And moreover he did not skip art school. He got thrown out because he was too bad.

8. Greensleeves Hubs profile image97
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 7 years ago

Horrible to say it, but the only answer is to do nothing. Quite apart from the tragedies of those who died, can you imagine how instantly the world would change today if the 50 million people who died in WW2 had lived? And the descendents they never had? The world would be changed so radically, who knows what would happen? Other tyrants would have emerged, and good people would just cease to exist as their parents' histories would have been altered. In fact, half the people alive today in the countries involved would probably cease to exist because our parents and grandparents' lives would have followed different courses.

Maybe it would be nice to go back to just before he shot himself and have the satisfaction of telling him how history would judge him - that wouldn't change history.

It's academic anyway - you cannot go back in time! (But that's another topic!)

working