jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Are you ready for the end of the world?

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

Are you ready for the end of the world?

I just read an article about how some people have come to the conclusion that May 21st at 6pm will be the end of the world (and they predicted it twice, and have been wrong both times...msnbc.com). Despite the date and time they provide, would you be ready for the end of the world? What do you think will happen? Do you think we should know about it in advance?

2. Ancillotti profile image60
    Ancillottiposted 6 years ago

Do not believe the end of the world is so close as some warn, but I would be ready. We all will die one way or another even ...

3. profile image0
    Lesleysherwoodposted 6 years ago

I agree with Ancilloitti.  Regardless of whether Armageddon will be coming or not (and I do believe it will, but it wont be the END, just things will change)   we are all facing death and I think its healthy to ponder over these things, not in a morbid way.  Makes us re-evaluate life and ask questions like "why are we here?".  Its all so much bigger than just getting up in the morning, going to work, having our 2 point 4 kids and one holiday a year.  If you think about it this way, we only have 120 months to live in 10 years.  That's why it goes so quickly.

4. humagaia profile image56
    humagaiaposted 6 years ago

We know about it in advance - the sun will gradually, over millions of years, expand, until it engulfs all planets in the solar system. Long before that all life on earth will perish.
    The only question is when.
    Since this will not happen in my lifetime I reckon it would be presumptive and premature for me to prepare for the end.
    I am ready to die, however. When this happens I will no longer need to take any notice of what Armageddonists spout.

5. wilbury4 profile image73
    wilbury4posted 6 years ago

Yet another date for the world's end!!
    Many end dates have been predicted and were still here. Eventually, millions/billions of years from now, the Sun will die out; this will probably affect our world as we know it.
    By that time though, I don't expect any of us Hubbers will be around.
    If I knew the world would end during my lifetime I think I would accept it, we all know that death is inevitable, we just don't want it to occur yet!

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I don't give much credence to those claims.  But if the world were to end, I'd be okay with it.  We'd all be in the same boat, all facing the end.  I wouldn't want to know about it in advance, just let it happen.

7. chasemillis profile image65
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

I've got my Gold Fish and my dog, I think I'm good

8. jtyler profile image59
    jtylerposted 6 years ago

I was ready for the end of the world in 2000 and 2006, and I will be ready in 2012 and 2016.

9. profile image0
    mani.mastermindposted 6 years ago

no way.. the end of world is not so near.. look wat we are doing.. and those who are predicting this.. ask them what they are doing.. the whole world is not prepared for that..

i m not ready for it. because i know.. nothing will happen.. so why preparations needed..

yes we should know about it in advance,, but when clearly explained by those who predicting..