jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is Your Personality Type and Learning Style?

1. infodetective profile image59
    infodetectiveposted 6 years ago

What is Your Personality Type and Learning Style?

2. clark farley profile image73
    clark farleyposted 6 years ago

According to the Wakefield Doctrine (the theory of clarks, scotts and rogrs) I am predominately* a clark.

One of the unique aspects of the Doctrine (as a personality theory) is that it explains the 'why' of behavior as well was the 'what'. Not limiting itself to a list of self-ascribed traits, the Wakefield Doctrine proposes that people experience the world in one of three fundamental ways and personality and behavior follows, not the other way around.

...? oh! yeah, sorry  this is one of those gimme a quick/clever/funny/outrageous answer and we'll vote on 'em...( lol ) sorry got carried away with that darn Doctrine...er..Great Question !

* the theory proposes that it is a dominance of one over the other two types that determines a person's personality type.

3. DonDWest profile image59
    DonDWestposted 6 years ago

Myers Briggs says I'm an ENTJ. Extroverted - Intuitive - Thinking - Judgmental

Supposively, I learn by getting information from people/socializing, along with practical experience. Mind you, I don't find book learning a complete bore, but it's important I pick out and read what is relevant in a said book towards acheiving my said goals.

Bad books, badly run politics, and badly run businesses makes it hard for us ENTJ's to grow, where as other personalities might be able to handle it better. All we see is what is wrong with the said institution/book. We can't help but to point this out, which annoys our peers and managers. Frankly, we're unemployable and should probably work for ourselves, but that isn't always doable.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I tend to be somewhat easy going but also can be a nervous type over some things.  I learn best with visual clues.  A lecture tends to go in one ear and out the other but if I have a visual to with it, I will pay attention and it sticks.

5. wolfissac profile image60
    wolfissacposted 6 years ago

I'm quite complex. I can go from peacful almost "monkish" to highly active in an instant. So it is often difficult for people to know what to expect from me. As far as learning goes, I'm a balanced learner. I can learn from anything I set my mind to.

6. seriousnuts profile image68
    seriousnutsposted 6 years ago

I'm introverted and shy. I learn visually. I prefer studying pictures/diagrams/charts rather than outlines. Also, I write immediately what I hear from the teachers. By writing, it allows me to see what I hear, and makes me understand the topics better.