jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Should towns invest more money in tornado warning systems?

1. doodlebugs profile image82
    doodlebugsposted 7 years ago

Should towns invest more money in tornado warning systems?

Should towns begin to install more warning systems and shelters as "mega tornadoes" become more commonplace?

2. GirlSeekNDrum profile image55
    GirlSeekNDrumposted 7 years ago

Not necessarily. The warning system we have now is pretty advanced. It's just that by the time you realize a tornado has touched down, there's barely anytime to do anything about it. It comes from how serious people take the initial watches and warnings in the beginning.

3. Denise Handlon profile image90
    Denise Handlonposted 7 years ago

Yes, I think so.  Especially if you live in an area where there are frequent tornadoes.

4. acewebdesign profile image60
    acewebdesignposted 7 years ago

High risk areas should make this a priority. However not every town is subject to tornado's

5. WriterOnTheRoam profile image73
    WriterOnTheRoamposted 6 years ago

Yes, I think so.  Living in the Midwest, sirens help notify us to go to shelter at night and in evening tornadoes, where you might not otherwise be paying attention to see a tornado coming.

6. The Ghostwriter profile image73
    The Ghostwriterposted 6 years ago

Living in the UK we escape tornadoes but here's my two cents;

If they did have more warning systems and one was activated causing a mass exodus, but to be informed that all is well and people may return ...would they be thankful for the false alarm?

On the other hand, if it didn't go off and there was a tornado, who will face the mob?

7. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 6 years ago

Very much so, the earlier the warning, the better the chance of survival

working