jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Which are the sources of drinking water in your area?

1. sharnas profile image56
    sharnasposted 6 years ago

Which are the sources of drinking water in your area?

I live in Kerala which known as God's own country. In our area we use wells for water. We get pure water direct from nature.

2. literal profile image44
    literalposted 6 years ago

We draw water from a nearby bore, it supplies our small community.

3. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 6 years ago

We have a reservoir where I live which supplies the surrounding community.

4. Doc Snow profile image97
    Doc Snowposted 6 years ago

Lake Lanier, which is an enormous man-made lake.  It feeds the Chatahoochee River, which flows through Atlanta, GA, and eventually into the Gulf of Mexico (via the Appalachicola.)

Enormous as it is, though, the flow is not enough to reliably supply the relevant needs of all 3 states which use its water:  Georgia, Alabama, and Florida.  There is ongoing negotiation and litigation about how to apportion the water.  And from my perspective at least, the political infighting seems to receive much more attention and energy than in addressing the physical problem of supplying enough water (or, alternately, of conserving it so that the supply we have suffices.)

5. Blond Logic profile image97
    Blond Logicposted 6 years ago

Here in Brazil, we use a well also. We pass this water through a filter before drinking. We have something called capa rosa here which turns the water yellow. The locals say it is because of the cashew and mango tree roots. We live at the base of sand dunes and our water is filtered through that as well.

When it rains, we drink rain water which I collect in a pan with a tea cloth over the top.

working