jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some good resources for teaching ESL?

1. Time4Travel profile image60
    Time4Travelposted 6 years ago

What are some good resources for teaching ESL?

Í will be off to South Korea in August to teach English and am looking for good websites/books/resources/ideas to teach English to students from elementary to high school. I am told we will find out what grade we will be teaching once we arrive. Would love to hear your ideas and/or stories about teaching overseas.

2. bohemiotx profile image79
    bohemiotxposted 6 years ago

A picture dictionary is a great resource, and I've used them when teaching ESOL to adults. They are arranged by subject; for example, construction site and housework are a couple of topics. Then i like to write sentences that go with the picture--usually I do a double-sided copy. At first, I did the sentences in English only, adding footnotes in Vietnamese when the students told me. Sometimes I write sentences in English and Spanish.

3. profile image0
    eslinsiderposted 5 years ago

http://eslinsider.com

You'll find all kinds of instructional how-to videos for teaching English there. Almost all of them were shot in Korea too.

4. Paul Hefford profile image59
    Paul Heffordposted 3 years ago

you have to check out eslteachingonline.com. Best collection of current, practical conversation lessons for all ages.

working