jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How good are your chances of ACTUALLY getting a decent job right out off college

1. Sid 423 profile image55
    Sid 423posted 6 years ago

How good are your chances of ACTUALLY getting a decent job right out off college?

Now days, people like to say that if you don't have a college education, well you mine as well kiss your money earning days good bye.. My father however never stepped foot into college, and is making a pretty solid amount of money to live comfortably and provide for his family. So is college worth all the trouble? Personally I think it is.. What about you?

2. maxwelljr profile image61
    maxwelljrposted 6 years ago

Yes, it is. Unfortunately (or fortunately) depending on your perspective, people who hold college degrees are generally looked upon in a much better light than those whom only have a high school diploma, or less. It's a venerable Look, I've-got-a-golden-ticket... ticket.

3. n.pady profile image55
    n.padyposted 6 years ago

Hi Sid,
    Gone are the days when one hardly stepped into school or college and were able to come up in life with their hard work. These days it is important that you back your hard work with studies, without which people will not recognize you and give a chance to prove yourself.
    College is worth, because many things are taught to us. In olden days, people used to make mistakes and learn from them and also the approach was different. These days, colleges are there to help us understand, isn't it?

4. profile image0
    Marntzuposted 5 years ago

depends on two things

1) the college: how well recognized in your field is your college? if it's the top school in the US for your major your odds improve. if it's ranked low in your field not so much...

2) the major: if you major in philosophy pretty slim, if you major in something that's high demand like say property management (has nothing to do with rental properties it's evaluating asset values and depreciation within government contracts) you have a better chance.

bottom line. do your homework before going to school pick a good major and a good school.