jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Weekly Topic Inspiration: Back to School

1. cardelean profile image92
    cardeleanposted 6 years ago

Weekly Topic Inspiration:  Back to School

Although we are just inching into August, I must admit that it is time to start thinking about getting back to school.  So as we say good bye to summer, how are you getting your students ready to go back to school?  You could write about things like back to school clothes, school lunches, school supplies, communication tips between school and home, homework help, first day of school tips, and more.  The possibilities are limitless and I’m excited to read all of your great advice.  Happy Hubbing!

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image58
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I remember commercials for school supplies always starting at the beginning of August. In particular I remember a commercial that took  the famous Christmas song "It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" and changed it to School  time -the wost wonderful time for parents.

3. LearnFromMe profile image93
    LearnFromMeposted 6 years ago

I wish I found this sooner! I just published an article about the first day of school for teachers.. Looking forward to reading the articles submitted here!

4. K9keystrokes profile image91
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

Parents are starting to regain that skip in their step as the summer grows to a close. Back to school is the perfect "vacation" time for parents...within their own home! Fun topic Cara-- Looking forward to all of the great hubs to come.

5. K9keystrokes profile image91
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

The Earth's atmosphere has lots to teach children and grown-ups alike. Definging the layers of the Earth's air using the fun classroom project sheet is easy! read more

6. Cardisa profile image94
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

Choosing to go back to school as an adult isn't always easy. Here are some tips to guide you along the way. read more

7. cardelean profile image92

I know exactly which commercial you're talking about Flora! 

Yes K9 parents are gaining that skip as us teachers' steps are starting to drag!  smile

There are lots of back to school angles that you can take LearnFromMe.  You can always write another to add here!

8. KiaKitori profile image78
    KiaKitoriposted 6 years ago

It is long known that the wrong backpack and the improper way of carrying it may may cause spine injuries and other heath problems. And yet, we all have to send our kids at school with a heavy load on their back. Is there a way to prevent back pains and other problems? read more

9. Cardisa profile image94
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

Information adults should be aware of when looking for a college online. Know the characteristics of Diploma Mills. read more

10. cardelean profile image92

Going back to school can cause families a great amount of excitement and anxiety.  Ease the anxiety by putting a few simple practices into place, the school year can be a breeze! read more

11. Dave Powell profile image61
    Dave Powellposted 6 years ago

I finally just wrote a short piece that I've been wanting to do for literally ages. It's for students entering college. And maybe many of you can relate! (Hope it's not off-topic or anything!!) It's at:

12. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

Well it is long passed August. My students are a tad older. Closer to Summer semester. I usually begin with "Have you made a plan yet?" I follow that with write a 500 word essay of prose and/or poetry about what you seek this semester in this course? Include a related image. Then add a paragraph of how that image relates to the essay.

Then let them go.