jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why do people spend so much time complaining rather than being grateful for what

1. Cathy I profile image76
    Cathy Iposted 6 years ago

Why do people spend so much time complaining rather than being grateful for what they have?

Not a day passes without someone complaining.  People complain about everything.   But funny they don't sing a song of gratitude about all that is good in their lives.
    The best things in life are free.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image79
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

Complaining I think is a way for people to seek out attention.  It is obvious to me when I come across a constant complainer that there a deeper issues troubling that person.  I am a blunt person and so I tell people like this that I don't care.  I believe that humoring these people is a way that we mistakingly send the wrong message of approval.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Simple - THEY AREN'T GRATEFUL.  If they had the attitude of gratitude. . . ..you'd see it.

4. ktrapp profile image97
    ktrappposted 6 years ago

I think it is just a bad habit and just a touch of human nature. For example, I think people might be more likely to complain to a restaurant manager about a bad experience than to ask to speak to the manager to tell them how wonderful everything was.

There is an app I've seen my daughter and friends read called FML, (blank) my life. I hate it. I've told her someone should make PML for praise my life. It is just a matter of turning the focus around; but like a muscle that needs to be exercised, focusing on the good is easier the more and more you do it.

5. sunshine90 profile image59
    sunshine90posted 6 years ago

Cause they are seeing the half cup is empty and they want more and more so they miss seeing the good thing in their life they just need to be more thankful & optimistic, but to be honest i think we all sometimes complain about our life that because we are simply humans.

6. felicitylovespari profile image37
    felicitylovespariposted 6 years ago

Simply because they  don't enjoy what they're doing and there are naturally pessimistic people,always complaining. For short its in their attitude and hard to change. I saw and meet a people who possess such attitude and they are annoying.

7. lydocia profile image79
    lydociaposted 6 years ago

Complaining or ranting are often just a way to vent. Being thankful takes effort, because one has to look around and think about what to be thankful for - so many things are taken for granted.