Have you ever noticed people with less money usually complain less than those w

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (48 posts)
  1. chuckandus6 profile image77
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

Have you ever noticed  people with less money usually complain less than those with more?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13163306_f260.jpg

2. gmwilliams profile image82
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13047208_f260.jpg

Jeez,  Nichol, what universe are you living in?  Do you have a poverty & scarcity mindset & consciousness? You must have a poverty consciousness to even compose such a question!  Really, c'mon now!  You MUST HATE money & wealth.  You are quite happy being po'....

It is people w/less money who complain more.  They kvetch about how expensive things are, how are they going to pay the bills, put food on the table, & worrying about the increase of general cost of living.  They complain how they are getting less for what they pay.  They are the ones who are worried about rising mortgages or rents, wondering if they are going to become homeless or worse. 

They worry if they are to be sick, how would they pay their insurance or if they don't have insurance, having to do without medical care.  They have to worry about the safety of their neighborhoods because they can't afford to live in better neighborhoods as such neighborhoods are beyond their socioeconomic reach.  They kvetch about their children receiving inferior education from inferior schools which reduces their children's future chances of attending better colleges.  They further complain about a possibility of being evicted from their apartments if rents increase-hence homelessness. 

They are worried if they lose their jobs for they are 1/4 to 1/2 a paycheck away from homelessness.  They worry because they are slaves to their boss & other life circumstances.  They are in a precarious situation where they are owned by bosses, building managers, & others who are more socioeconomically powerful than they are.  They worry if situations turn to the worst, will they & their families be homeless on the streets.

It is those w/LESS money who complain THE MOST.   Those w/MORE, EVEN THE MOST money are the ones who complain the least or not at all.  After all, those w/MORE & THE MOST money are owners of their lives.  As money is no object, they can live in the best neighborhoods, have the best health/medical care, can afford the best quality education for their children, leave a socioeconomic legacy to their children, don't have to worry about changing socioeconomic circumstances, are financially independent, & can travel anywhere in the world they darn well please........In essence, they have the life that those w/less money WISH THEY had.

P.S. This question denotes envy.  It's toxic to be envious, it isn't becoming.

chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't comparing the poor I was compare middle class to those who are never satisfied with the size of the house never big enough there car isn't good enough, not envy I would not want to live my life like that.

gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

NOTHING'S WRONG W/WANTING MORE, Nichol.   Smart people want MORE.  You are QUITE A STRANGE BIRD, Nichol.  I have met people like you & I RUN AWAY FROM THEM-I like ambitious people who are cultivated & see nothing wrong w/attaining wealth.

3. chuckandus6 profile image77

Grace, that doesn't really bother me, that you have that opinion of me because judging by your presentation of yourself you have a lot of prejudices and selfishness and obsession with money, also very closed minded Your Opinion is The Only One.

4. gmwilliams profile image82

There is nothing wrong w/being wealthy & looking out for self.  You are the type of person who is happy w/being po'.   Nothing is wrong w/me at all.  In fact, people like me are the ones who will own the world while you will be impoverished &

5. chuckandus6 profile image77

Yes if ruling the world is your goal than that's fine, I myself would like to make it a  better place and that is done with caring about others

3. WiccanSage profile image95
    WiccanSageposted 2 years ago

No, to tell you the truth my experience has been quite the opposite.

I grew up really impoverished where most people were on some type of public assistance. There were a lot of complaints.

It's when I started working my way out of those neighborhoods that I learned complaining and whining about how unfair life is was not the norm. Oh, I still meet people who do it occasionally, regardless of their income. Some people love to wallow in misery. But it's not as common.

1. gmwilliams profile image82

@ Mac, this woman ISN'T living in reality. IT'S the PO' who complain THE MOST about money.The rich DON'T complain at all, they've the world at their oyster socioeconomically.She wants the rich to complain-SORRY TO BURST HER BUBBLE-AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

2. WiccanSage profile image95
      WiccanSageposted 2 years agoin reply to this

GM, I'm not an extremist thinker like you appear to be, where it's either/or. I'm joining in on a conversation; Nicole is entitled to her opinion as well, I'm not going to shoot her down for it and make assumptions about her for a different opinion.

Thank you Mackenzie

4. WiccanSage profile image95

I see ur point about 'keeping up with the Joneses' Nic. Not sure I hear a lot of complaints, they're too busy competing. I have experienced whining from a good portion of able-bodied poor peeps that stands out, I have not experienced with others.

5. gmwilliams profile image82

Let Nichol stick to her struggling poverty/have NOT consciousness.   It's sad really.  She HATES wealth which is sad.  Wealth means a better, freer quality of life.  People like her I AVOID LIKE LEPROSY!!!!!

6. chuckandus6 profile image77

Ha Ha I don't hate wealth, if I had 50 billion dollars I would still shop clearance racks go to yard sales,not care about name brands and donate a lot to save lives,cure cancer, and other way more important causes over a 300 dollar outfit.

7. gmwilliams profile image82

Shrieking of the poverty consciousness here.You can't save the world, Nichol.Look out for yourself & yours.Treat yourself to the best.It's apparent you see yourself as DRECK-sad.I VALUE MYSELF HIGHLY-IT AIN'T SELFISHINESS-IT'S SELF-RESPECT, GET S

8. chuckandus6 profile image77

self-re┬Ěspect
      noun
      pride and confidence in oneself; a feeling that one is behaving with honor and dignity. I am very proud and confident N behave with honor and dignity, I have a lot of self respect and respect for others

9. gmwilliams profile image82

Really?

10. gmwilliams profile image82

People w/self-respect want the best educationally & socioeconomically for themselves & their children.They want success & wealth.They treat themselves well!Others don't give a crap about you. I KNEW ALL OF THIS at 12 & you STILL DON'T

11. chuckandus6 profile image77

I do want my children to succeed, which is going quite well, with 4 children with almost straight A averages in school, friends from every walk of life and caring and empathetic to others, Rich? I don't care if they are rich to pursue their dreams

12. WiccanSage profile image95

gm, the world is more complex than that. You touch on some good points but your extremism takes them too far. Having your mind set at the age of 12 & never changing it is not a virtue. If you avoid people like Nic, go on then and let us talk.

13. chuckandus6 profile image77

I feel sad for you Grace ,because somewhere along the line, you must have been pushed away from caring about others, or at least outwardly And people do care about me, because I show them kindness and they give it in return.You have to trust.

14. gmwilliams profile image82

I do care for others, certain people.  I have seen people bend backwards for others only to be taken advantage of.  I have seen people being used by others who see others' kindness to use & drain them.   People are vultures, remember that.

15. chuckandus6 profile image77

Not all people are, and I'm sorry that you have had bad experiences I've let a lot of people in and haven't come across to many bad ones.I give people a chance and if they mess it up then I'm done.

16. gmwilliams profile image82

@Mac & Nic, IT'S NONSENSE to keep up w/the Joneses. Live ONE'S BEST LIFE. Live good, inve$t for oneself/one descendants, & donate to charities, & live below one's means. To keep up w/the Joneses is pure stupidity. DON'T care what others h

17. chuckandus6 profile image77

I'm glad to hear that I believe it's crazy keep in up and worrying about what other think, this is why I never cared about name brands, I love to dress in what makes me feel good and is comfortable, see Grace we can agree sometimes.lol

18. gmwilliams profile image82

Like clothes w/sophisticated lines & natural fabrics in black, white, & neutral colors. Don't care about who designed them as long as they look good.  I shopped at Lord & Taylors on sales only. Refuse to pay full price, NOPE.....

19. chuckandus6 profile image77

I too love black ,I had a black dress that I got once on sale and I loved it could never find another one like it, it's like finding the perfect jeans and then they get discontinued.I think that is great that you love a bargain too.

20. gmwilliams profile image82

At goodwill years ago when I retired, I found a black velvet maxi dress for $4.00- this dress is my fall standby......

21. chuckandus6 profile image77

I love shopping at goodwill, I like a lot of styles that are dated that you can find any more and you never know what.you can find there.like a treasure hunt.also I love books and was looking for more Dean koontz novels .the other.day there.

22. WiccanSage profile image95

gm,I agree keeping up is nonsense. But people are vultures? Can't save the world? Others don't give a crap? That is the scarcity mindset in action. You talk a good game of abund. but scar/abund goes beyond wealth. Ur missing the bigger pic.

23. chuckandus6 profile image77

I think there is a side to Grace  that we don't usually get to see, I have noticed it just now, people can say a lot when they have been hurt by people, and become guarded.But I see a caring person who I probably have a lot in common with.

24. WiccanSage profile image95

Nic, I agree. I don't think gm is a bad person at all. She comes off harsh but it's passion. I think she's missing the point of some of her own lessons though and not even realizing it. She would benefit to not be so sure of herself and reexamine.

25. chuckandus6 profile image77

Yes I agree but with every true passionate feeling we have about something or someone usually stems from experience that is either good or bad.It is hard to really know what's behind it.

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

To paraphrase an old Country Western singer, zero to $100/week is everything, everything about that is nothing.
    If you don't have enough money for the basics, struggling to put food on the table, provide heat in the winter, keep the utilities going, you will complain and life is hard. When you meet those needs and now have anything leftover, there is relief and gratitude.
    But it is a matter of expectations. When someone grows up in a secure middle/upper class home and the instincts are looking for the next problem, you get complaints about micro-aggressions hurting one's self esteem while ignoring the truly needy in the community lacking those essentials - or those in the developing world who still deal with forced marriages, honor killings, jailing of rape victims, FGM, denial of pay by higher ranking employers.

Yes I agree if I have enough for essentials and have left over for weekend fun I'm happy and we try to help those in need because what the world needs is a lot more caring and less selfishness

What about people helping themselves.   My hard earned money is MINE. People always have their hands out, let THEM HELP THEMSELVES or STARVE.....

Wow that is harsh, there a lot of good people that get in a rough spot, and it could happen to anyone. Sickness,layoffs,ext.Does this mean they should starve?

4. WiccanSage profile image95

What gm reveals, Nic, is the scarcity mindset gm is talking about but doesn't quite 'get': http://www.unwrapyourmind.com/release-y … -scarcity/

Read under under  'Some signs of fear are:' you'll see what I mean.

5. chuckandus6 profile image77

Wow, I have never heard of that I am definable  not in that mindset.and I hope never will be.

6. WiccanSage profile image95

It's interesting concepts abundance/scarcity if you want to read up on it. I think we are all in abundance in some areas and scarcity in others. No one is perfect, we're all works in progress. I found it helped me, I like to keep myself in check.

7. chuckandus6 profile image77

Yes it is interesting I am glad no one is perfect it would be such a dull world

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13164538_f260.jpg

No, I haven't noticed that poor people are happier than rich people.
    People with no money usually live in high crime neighborhoods and they're always complaining about what is or isn't being done about it.
    There have always been those who have tried to sell poverty as being a "virtue" of some kind. No money = all problems!
    Anyone who doesn't know where their next meal is going to come from, just had their lights turned off, and there is an eviction note attached to the front door is most likely complaining about a lot of things! If you throw some kids into the mix it gets even worse.
    Naturally one who strives for great achievement has more stress in his or her life than one who chooses the lifestyle of a pigeon waiting for generous people to throw them some bread crumbs.
    Anyone can get "3 hots and a cot" in jail and have someone tell them how long they can stand in the sunshine.
    When you're the "driver" and not a "passenger" in your life making decisions sometimes can be challenging. Money just makes you more of who you already were. It's not a "curse" to be rich!

1. gmwilliams profile image82

Dashing, that is the inverse logic of some around here.  They feel that po' people who are struggling are "so happy". They've the SCARCITY & POVERTY mentality. Don't try to reason w/them-YOU CAN'T......I WON'T BOTHER.....N-E-X-T....

2. chuckandus6 profile image77

Some people work very hard not everyone that is not well of are pigeons.Do you know many successful people went through some really rough times including Bill Gates.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Nicol, I never said anyone who is not well off is a pigeon.
      What I'm saying is people who are "slackers" tend to have (less stress) in their lives than those (who are working hard) to achieve. I think "slackers" complain the least about money!

4. chuckandus6 profile image77

Sorry dashing that might have sounded snappy,I would agree but I applaud those who work really hard and are not rich but are happy with what they have.

5. gmwilliams profile image82

Dashing is right as usual in his synopsis. Success level is equal to branding, education, & skillsets.  If one is uneducated & have no skill sets, h/she won't be successful no matter how hard h/she works. Education/skillsets usually equal suc

6. chuckandus6 profile image77

Grace I listen to other opinions and way harsher comments and take it from where those persons mind set is, without lashing out, every one has the the right of freedom of speech

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)