jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do spiders spend their whole life in their web, waiting for food?

1. J.S.Matthew profile image82
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

Do spiders spend their whole life in their web, waiting for food?

What kind of social life does a spider have? Do they go for little walks? I've had this spider in my basement sink for about 5 days now. For some reason I think its a female. She appears to be aggressive which makes me think she may have laid eggs. What do you think?

Write a Hub about it?

2. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 6 years ago

I have had a spider living next to my kitchen sink for several weeks now.  It has quite a large web, but does not live in this.  I do not see it during the day, but it comes out every night, and shouting at it makes it run and hide.

3. catsimmons profile image82
    catsimmonsposted 6 years ago

Well...the females like to have their mates over for dinner ;-)

4. davenmidtown profile image87
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

not all spiders build webs.  Many are hunters and stalk their prey while on their 8 tiny feet.  Jumping spiders are on such species.  Some spiders also build a web and then build a nest.  They may hide or seek refuge in their nest during the day or at night.  Tarantula spiders for example hunt at night by creeping around the ground.  Other spiders like the trapdoor spider builds a nest with a camouflage door and then pops out and tackles prey that come around its nest.   Hope this helps.