jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do think needs to change most in the current USA K-12 education system?

1. K9keystrokes profile image90
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

What do think needs to change most in the current USA K-12 education system?

2. McLuhanandMochas profile image59
    McLuhanandMochasposted 6 years ago

Education equity. Other than that, having multiple cultures represented in the curriculum.

3. Jennifer Day profile image60
    Jennifer Dayposted 6 years ago

This is a HUGE question...... having spent years studying all different methods of education, the mind boggles with things that could be done. The first thing I would say is to stop spending so much money on admin /bureaucracy & testing and instead give more funding to the teachers, teacher training, and resources, make the classes smaller and the teaching much more student-centric. And (I'm on a roll now!) when will the public school system start taking all the wonderful research that's been done over the years into consideration? (i.e. the many different ways children learn, the futility of all the testing, the significance of stress and emotions in learning, to name just a few issues.) I also agree that multiple cultures should be represented in the curriculum - of course!!!!

4. randomcreative profile image93
    randomcreativeposted 6 years ago

I think that there are many things that need to change, but most importantly, accountability for teachers.  Pay should be based off observations, performance reviews, etc. as it is for many other jobs.  Also, school districts need to work together as a whole (administrators, teachers, etc.) to develop and review budgets.