jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Could India be the oldest civilization known to man?

1. IntimatEvolution profile image80
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

Could India be the oldest civilization known to man?

There are so many ancients sites being discovered now in India that are 12,000+ years old.  Could India be the home to mankinds first existence?

2. profile image0
    Binaya.Ghimireposted 6 years ago

Perhaps! But you must understand India in a broader sense Indian sub-continent is the proper word. The Indus valley civilization, which is now in pakistan had flourished in 2500–1700 BCE. (I have not read about 12,000+ years old ancients sites, But I have read that this is the date when mankind started agriculture). Indus is considered one of the oldest civilization on earth. But do not blend mankinds first existence with civilization. I think homo sapiens had evolved in Africa.

3. profile image0
    Princess Pittposted 6 years ago

Actually, all i know is... mathematics like algebra, an arabic word and....chess originated from India...now you know who to hate..LOL.. so that would conclude that, they already existed before christ or any civilization, ..since man cant build buildings  w/out the knowledge of algebra ..until the indians pass it to the next generations and so on on on..and spread across the other civilization...

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Most likely Mesopotamia and the Levant had the earliest civilizations. But Indus, Huang, and Nile civilizations did develop soon after.

5. Kevin Peter profile image72
    Kevin Peterposted 6 years ago

I think Indus valley civilization is the one of the oldest one.

working