jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you know and/or love a nurse?

1. G.L.A. profile image82
    G.L.A.posted 6 years ago

Do you know and/or love a nurse?

Does your nurse (friend, or loved one) seem happy with his/her career? Do you think your nurse is treated fairly on the job? Which state does your nurse work in?

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

My grandmothers were nurses in PA. My paternal grandmother and her mother worked in the hospital setting in the 50s-70s. My maternal grandmother worked in a nursing home and as a visiting nurse for many years. I believe they all were very happy in such a career and were treated fairly, but we're talking years ago before the health systems became what they are today.

3. stestifie profile image72
    stestifieposted 6 years ago

My aunt is a nurse and has been for about 12 years. She doesn't think she is treated fairly, but loves her job very much. She did work in Las Vegas but now works in Colorado. My grandma was a NICU nurse and she was treated very well but it was a hard job with all the sick little babies. She retired a year ago but worked in Los Angeles as an ER nurse and worked in Las Vegas from 91 until 2010 as a NICU nurse.

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

Yes, I am a nurse. No, nurses are not treated fairly. I am now working as a professional dog trainer, but worked many years and long, hard hours as a critical care nurse, home health nurse and later in hospital administration - quality improvement, staff development, compliance and so on. I worked in North Carolina, Texas, Missouri, Wisconsin and Iowa as well as on travel assignment in Colorado, Wyoming and Kentucky.

working