jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe in Aliens?

1. Nspeel profile image75
    Nspeelposted 6 years ago

Do you believe in Aliens?

So rolling into 2012 over 60% of people believe aliens exist. 90% of that 60% believe the government is straight out lying to them. What is are your thoughts? Please give it to me no one will be put down for their beliefs.

2. LegendaryN8 profile image58
    LegendaryN8posted 6 years ago

While the existence of aliens is certainly plausible, I would examine a more mundane explanation before going to explaining phenomenon as a result of aliens (or a deity for that matter).

It is more likely that the government possesses technology that runs the boundaries of our current teachings of science than there is the existence of extraterrestrial technology.  In fact, it would be a convenient coverup to let the public believe that an external entity is producing inexplicable feats of nature than state that it exists in our most secure and coveted of laboratories.

Some humans are a lot smarter than the general public has the capability of understanding.  Commonly accessible technology allows you to store massive amounts of data in an incredibly small space.  Thirty years ago, this would've been regarded as magical.  Imagine what is on the drawing board right now...

"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

- Arthur Conan Doyle

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

I believe life exists on other planets in the galaxy, but I do not believe aliens have ever visited earth.

4. profile image0
    Kari_24posted 6 years ago

The fact that we are not the only planet, let alone the only galaxy, I believe there is other life out there.  Not so sure I believe they are the little green men that we associate aliens with but there could be other humans or just simple amoebas out there.  As vast as the universe is, there is no way we are the only thing out there.

5. ttagpine profile image79
    ttagpineposted 6 years ago

I absolutely believe in aliens. The second we put boots on the ground on the Moon, we became aliens. With billions of solar systems out there, why should we be the only ones?

6. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image57
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 6 years ago

i believe they exist, maybe they haven't reached earth yet, but, the universe is too large for there to be only us