jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think that man will ever walk on Mars and would you go there given the op

1. catsimmons profile image81
    catsimmonsposted 6 years ago

Do you think that man will ever walk on Mars and would you go there given the opportunity?

2. sparkster profile image93
    sparksterposted 6 years ago

Undoubtedly man will walk on Mars and I doubt it will be that long before it happens, we've already got robots there.  I wouldn't personally want to go there.  According to some government sources we've already been.

3. point2make profile image81
    point2makeposted 6 years ago

I think man will eventually reach Mars but I am beginning to doubt that they will be Americans. I think we are being left behind. It is sad to think of where we were and where we've ended up. We will continue to lead in robotic space sciences but I fear our manned missions are on life support. Would I go there........in a heartbeat!!

4. JEDIJESSICUH profile image77
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I think it's entirely possible that we will get a man to the moon, but I don't think it will be in my lifetime. If it were though, I doubt I would want to go. It seems like too many things could go wrong in space. It really is an unexplored place and that, in some ways, terrifies me. I feel safe here on earth, so here on earth I will stay.

5. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I agree that it will happen, probably in the next 20 years. But, I seriously doubt they will be Americans. We are hitching rides with Russia now and China and Japan have excellent programs. We are no longer on the vanguard of any major scientific discoveries.

working