jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Would it be possible to earn a degree in Philosophy, as well as psychology at on

1. ArtAsLife profile image60
    ArtAsLifeposted 6 years ago

Would it be possible to earn a degree in Philosophy, as well as psychology at once?

I Love philosophy, ive studied many of the greats Socrates the father, Plato his apprentice, Aristotle, and others, It intrests me beyond belief. My problem is, theres no money to be made in Philosophy, unless you teach, which I would like to avoid. Psychologists make money, and intrest me as well, I also believe I could tie in philosophy with psychology, Though I dont want to spend my next 15 years getting a degree in both, Could there possibly be a way I can major in both at one time? Im a high school graduate, No idea how the college system works, Thatll be another question though:)

2. LearnFromMe profile image93
    LearnFromMeposted 6 years ago

I'm sure there's a way you can double major in both. I was able to double major in English and Spanish at the same time. Talk to a college counsellor to find out more information.
    Good luck!

3. seicheprey profile image60
    seichepreyposted 6 years ago

Yes you can, A.  You definitely need to sit down with an adviser -- basically a counselor but without out all the flimflam of high school -- and plan out the next four years of school, if you're going to a four year school.  It takes a lot of focus and work, but it's definitely something you can accomplish.  Good luck and keep me informed.  I've got a master's in Military History.smile

4. Alladream74 profile image75
    Alladream74posted 6 years ago

I am pretty sure you can but you must be aware that these are content heavy subjects which will require a lot of reading and researching time. If you are prepared to give it all you have, you may set yourself up for the task.

Remember, college will be a new experience and you will have many factors deterring you from your studies, bare this in mind as you make your decision.
    PS you miss-spelt interest...twice.

working