jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you do to help out during natural disasters?

1. justateacher profile image82
    justateacherposted 6 years ago

What do you do to help out during natural disasters?

What do you and your family or business to help others during natural disasters like Hurricane Irene?

2. ibbarkingmad profile image80
    ibbarkingmadposted 6 years ago

Well, I help where ever authorities need it. I have some first aid training. When I was a kid there was a lot of flooding in Sacramento and on Thanksgiving Day my dad, brother and I, along with the rest of the men in our church, went to fill sandbags to help. There was a group of people who pulled up in trucks to where the sandbags were being filled and they cried because they were so happy. They thought they would have to fill the bags and then hope they would be back in time to use them. That made a world of difference to me as a kid.

3. Jonesy0311 profile image61
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I preach to everyone that I meet about proper preparations: food and water stockpiles, weapons, survival gear. If people disregard the obvious neccessity to prepare for such eventualities, then they will become the first casualties. I figure this fits into the sphere of social Darwinism. I don't help people in the wake of emergencies that they easily could have prepared for...obviously car accidents, etc. are an entirely different matter.

If you know how to make life boats and find yourself on a sinking ship, which group are you going to help?: 1) the group that is paying attention and wants to build life boats or 2) the group that thinks you're being paranoid and doesn't want to listen? I don't waste my time with these people. I protect my own little piece of the world: home, property, family. I have a general disgust for those who just stand around and wait for help. These are the Obama voters.

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

I just try to stay out of everybody's way.

working