jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If the world started to crash and there was no more law what would you do?

1. cmlindblom profile image77
    cmlindblomposted 6 years ago

If the world started to crash and there was no more law what would you do?

say there are no more civil nations to go to just straight up chaos what would your plan be to survive the chaotic, lawless, ruthless streets of the new world?

2. Jeff Poirrier profile image60
    Jeff Poirrierposted 6 years ago

A few months before the bombs fall, I would play the Fallout series on PC non-stop and learn as much as I could. I would attempt to build a large underground vault and stock up on food, guns, and ammunition. Hire scientists to develop an intricate self-contained radiation proof metal armor suit that is impregnable to small arms fire and the elements. I'd amass a rabid following of overly violent but loyal crazies and crown myself The Master... of the World.

Yes, I'm only... partially joking. Your question simply reminded me of an amazing series of video games, the Fallout series. If you've played them, I'm sure you will understand. smile

3. Nefarious_Misery profile image70
    Nefarious_Miseryposted 6 years ago

I would like to refer you to my hub; The Reality Of A Zombie Appocalypse - http://nefarious-misery.hubpages.com/hu … Apocalypse

Though obviously what you are talking about is vastly different from zombie attack, I think that the same rules would apply.

4. loua profile image60
    louaposted 6 years ago

cmlindblom, The starting over syndrome you suggest is an unrealistic event because we have not ventured far from the point you fear to begin with; you see I am a veteran of war and know this to be so...  Just because you believe their is a safe haven to be had for your self and your self interest does not mean its a good thing, it surely is not civil...  You see, you let others die in your stead, that's not cool..   

As far as law goes; lawlessness is always the result of mismanagement, and earth is in such a state as it always has been, it has only changed its expression of its chaos, we still suffer the threat of death from screwballs; you see laws are the outcome of mismanagement, and they do not protect us from death;  if things  where managed correctly there would be no need for laws and life would be harmonious and tranquil... 

Humans have not yet come to the point that they have evolved far from their animal nature; but within the self is a higher being that can actually comprehend that the experience of life is an opportunity to evolve the energy it represents...  With this comprehension humanity might begin to understand that the fear of chaos is sourced from the lower self's lower brain and its mind's ego which incites its animal psychic nature; but when using the mind's soul of our higher nature we begin to realize that chaos is derived from the application of our negative temperament, attitude and behavior which evolves the exclusive, selfish evil that you ...

The scenario of the Road Wars type movie and all the fiction horror is generated from the conscious fears humans dwell on to justify their bad behavior; but to answer your question as to what I would do: Well I would do what I am presently doing, teaching an alternative to the negative lifestyle humans have gown accustom to by propagating the negative, repetition, routine and habits of the tools that all destructive forces are born from - exclusive-passions, selfish-desires and evil-intents...

5. LegendaryN8 profile image58
    LegendaryN8posted 6 years ago

People naturally gravitate towards stability and order.  I do not think such an event is possible - if it were, I guarantee it would have already happened at least once in history.  If it had occurred in recent history, the first reaction each person would have is to establish some sense of order.  Even if a large parent structure, such as a sovereign, were to be disbanded, I would place money on the idea that smaller factions would immediately group together to establish a local organized lawful entity (such as a government).

Even in the most remote of civilizations, there is hierarchy and order.  That hierarchy enforces the order of that group and how that group runs from day to day.