jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you remember the details of your dreams?

1. baygirl33 profile image61
    baygirl33posted 6 years ago

How do you remember the details of your dreams?

Often I have a fleeting shadow of a world I live in during sleep. Mostly it's just out of reach and I feel so unsettled knowing I was somewhere but not knowing just where. Sometimes the feeling is so vivid I think I will get it any minute but of course it disappears.

2. profile image0
    jami l. pereiraposted 6 years ago

At night before i go to sleep , if i have pondered on a recurring dream all day.... I say my prayers before i lay down on my bed and then afterwards i focus , focus on how the dream went , in detail up until i cant remember it any more ,and i drift off to sleep , sometimes i can go back to the dream , sometimes i cant , try to focus on it before you fall asleep ,and see if you can go back . i think if you practice , you will be able to do it. good luck!

3. profile image0
    PWalker281posted 6 years ago

Keep a notebook by your bed and set an intention that you will remember your dreams when you wake up. Then when you wake up, don't move. Just stay in that position and see if you can remember your dream. When you start moving around, the dream disappears more quickly. Don't TRY to remember, just lay there and allow your thoughts to move through your mind. If, after doing this for a while, you still can't remember anything, write what you do remember in your notebook, even if it's just a feeling. Write down as many impressions as you can remember, no matter how insignificant they may seem. Also, try not to feel "unsettled" if you can't remember anything and just keep intending with confidence to remember your dreams. Continue to do this every night and morning and you should start remembering some dreams. When the dreams start to reveal themselves, write them in the present tense, as if you are in the dream. You'll get more details this way. It's also a good idea to give your dreams a title, like you would a short story.

4. SuperheroSales profile image60
    SuperheroSalesposted 6 years ago

I agree with P. Walker- you have to keep a notebook right by the bed and immediately upon waking up start writing out every detail you can remember about your dreams.  If you make a habit of doing this every day (or every time you wake up) you will start to remember more and more details every time. 

This has personally worked for me, so hopefully it will help you too!

5. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

as soon as you wake up ... just lay there and think of what you were dreaming about and try to replay it in your head. it might take a minute or two to get back into swing but you'll get it all in detail.

6. Man from Modesto profile image84
    Man from Modestoposted 6 years ago

My gift in the Holy Spirit is dreaming. I have a blog with one hundred unique articles & posts on dreaming, dream interpretation, and recall.

The trick you need is to relax - don't move around - and just focus on the scene, any emotions involved, any abstract concepts accompanying the dream, or any spoken word... whatever is solid. Just concentrate on the thread you have, and relax.

The more you practice this, the more effective it becomes.

7. HERBERT ubaldo profile image59
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 6 years ago

When you dream it is subconscious, if you dont remember your dream that day it is really difficult to recall it..