jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is learning and how does it occur?

1. cindybarrymore profile image60
    cindybarrymoreposted 6 years ago

What is learning and how does it occur?

Examples include: Children learning to talk and walk. Adults learning a new language. Customer service reps learning how to handle irate customers. Chess and bridge players learning tactical strategies. A professional tennis learning a powerhouse serve. Pre-loaders learning efficient strategies for packing milk crates. Students learning to solve complex math problems.

2. HERBERT ubaldo profile image60
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 6 years ago

Learning is a never ending process of knowing different procedures. When you learn something new it occurs when you are working and doing something and discover a new thing, that' s learning

3. The Blagsmith profile image79
    The Blagsmithposted 6 years ago

Hmmm,

Learning is a combination of intelligence and wisdom. How quick we learn is dependant on the former. How we use it is based on the latter. The lucky ones have an abundance of both.

4. cindybarrymore profile image60
    cindybarrymoreposted 6 years ago

I wish this hub was set up to respond to some answers rather than just rating them. There is no right or wrong answer in terms of "scoring," which I am not doing. I'm just thinking out loud and wonder what others think. I like The Blagsmith's answer, "Learning is a combination of intelligence and wisdom. How quick we learn is dependant on the former. How we use it is based on the latter. The lucky ones have an abundance of both."

BUT, I take light issue with the use of the word "wisdom" because I don't consider a child that is learning to walk and talk to have yet attained wisdom. I'd like The Blagsmith to elaborate. Or maybe tweak the answer in light of my rebuttal.

5. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 5 years ago

Learning  and cognition are fascinating subjects.  One of the major components of learning is simply memory.  How memory works is also a complex subject.

working