Can you cite "It is known that the Olive tree was sacred in Egypt and was design

1. profile image48
    bmoselleposted 6 years ago

Can you cite "It is known that the Olive tree was sacred in Egypt and was designated as female."

I'm researching olive trees in egypt and need a source that talks about sacred olive trees or anything that may indicate that olive trees were sacred.  Asante.  The quote above is from your article "Akhenaten changed the world"

2. Emmanuel Kariuki profile image91
    Emmanuel Kariukiposted 6 years ago

Thank you for the question.

I will need to dig up my notes to locate the references. Here is one that states so by inference. The words in quotes are from: IKHNATON - Legend and history F.J.Giles, Hutchinson of London, 1970

At amarna a tablet with the words “the book of the sycamore and the Olive” (p.68)  was discovered.
    By deduction, the Sycamore was Akhenaten the Pharaoh, and Nefertiti his wife was the was the olive. A Pharaoh and his wife were a 'God and a Godess' on earth and were worshiped in death.

The Olive tree was associated with the Godess Isis the wife of Osiris . I know from several sources that together with the sycamore, the Olive was the 'tree of Life' -  you can google "Isis and Olive" to get more more references.

I will write a hub on this topic soon. Stay with me.

3. profile image48
    bmoselleposted 6 years ago

Asante sana.  I would like a copy of your thesis for reference in my dissertation if you agree.  Otherwise I will be in Nairobi in January and will look it up in the library.  If you could email it to me at bryan.r.moselle@biola.edu that would be great!
    Bryan

working