jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What makes a good teacher, a teacher who teach to live or a teacher who lives to

1. Richard Zonio profile image60
    Richard Zonioposted 6 years ago

What makes a good teacher, a teacher who teach to live or a teacher who lives to teach?

2. Mac McGovern profile image59
    Mac McGovernposted 6 years ago

A teacher who lives to teach. They teach from the heart where education is more important than money...as is the case with the teacher who teaches to live.

3. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 6 years ago

Do we work to live or live to work ?

Money is needed for even to do charity so it is not bad if the teacher expects money.

As long as the teacher "teaches" it is OK.

4. dui profile image58
    duiposted 6 years ago

Hi Richard! you have a difficult question... but to tell u honestly, teachers need money to survive, at the same they teach because they love to teach... I think that is the main reason why they took the path. You cannot judge them if they work for money...i am sure each of us work because we want money right!

5. Wrote profile image66
    Wroteposted 6 years ago

msivakumar, my friend, we maybe work for living but teach and work isn't same at all. It is a Job, but in teaching we must tell others from the heart if they really want to learn something, so you must lives to teach, if you want to be better teacher.

6. attorneyblog profile image58
    attorneyblogposted 6 years ago

Human as we are, we need money. Same with teachers, they too need money in exchange of their service to support their daily needs. It is still ok if the teacher teaches to live as long as they are performing their calling. It should be mutual.

7. sangre profile image95
    sangreposted 6 years ago

Teachers need know what they are teaching. Isn't it a lot easier to teach subjects if you actually enjoy them or at least like them! 

These days students know if teachers are useless or not. But also getting paid is just as important and isn't it rewarding to a teacher if his/her students get good exam results. It tells you they are listening to you in class.