What is the best way to stop plastic polluting the oceans?

1. Bard of Ely profile image84
    Bard of Elyposted 6 years ago

What is the best way to stop plastic polluting the oceans?

Throwaway single use plastic such as plastic bottles and plastic bags is accumulating in vast amounts in 'gyres' in the oceans and does not biodegrade but breaks into smaller and smaller pieces. The most famous gyre is called the Great Pacific Garbage Patch and is said to be twice the size of Texas. Plastic is killing millions of sea animals and birds that swallow it and getting into the food chain that goes on up to us. Plastic absorbs toxins so we are getting these poisons in our diets too.

2. davenmidtown profile image87
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

The best way to stop plastic pollution is to not use plastic.  We existed for thousands of years without plastic.  I recently replaced all of my plastic containers with glass containers and lids.  Pyrex makes really good glass stuff for oven and fridge.  Recycling is best too for items that can only be used once.  I now buy milk in half gallon containers made from cardboard and not plastic.  Using shampoo with conditioner in it helps to reduce the use of plastic.  Using bar soap instead of body wash also reduces plastic use.  It goes on and on and on and on and on...