jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you wrap your left over food in plastic and keep it in the fridge? What are s

1. wiserworld profile image91
    wiserworldposted 4 years ago

Do you wrap your left over food in plastic and keep it in the fridge? What are some alternatives?

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

It depends on what it is. I hate fighting with plastic wrap so I usually use aluminum foil or wax paper. If it will stay fresher wrapped in plastic, I have different sizes of plastic dishes with lids to use.

3. davidlivermore profile image98
    davidlivermoreposted 4 years ago

I do, but requires too much work for the most part.  I try to use containers if I can since they are easy to use, store, etc.  Or if I'm really lazy and it's safe, I use the original packaging of what the food came in.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I just buy those Ziploc or Glad containers.  They aren't expensive and are reusable but if something goes bad - you can just toss the container out and not be out too much money.

5. ChitrangadaSharan profile image57
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years ago

I usually keep leftover cooked food in microwave safe bowls, so that its easier to reheat them, when required. I have many small and large bowls for this purpose.
    For items, which are not to be heated, I still use high quality plastic boxes or containers with lid, such as Pearlpet or Tupperware.

6. Neinahpets profile image86
    Neinahpetsposted 4 years ago

If I'm not placing them in Ziploc or other fresh seal bags, then I am putting them in Tupperware containers by Rubbermaid or Ziploc to seal in the freshness of my foods for as long as possible. 

I've never used saran wrap before except on a very rare occasion when I have something like a small amount of something on a saucer or mini plate that will be used later that day or evening. 

Possibly a few deviled eggs leftover from Thanksgiving dinner or a Christmas party would be on a saucer securely wrapped in plastic wrap.

7. allisonlawrence profile image76
    allisonlawrenceposted 4 years ago

I use glass containers mostly with a few plastic tupperware containers as well. It's easy to serve leftovers from containers (you can either serve it out onto a plate or heat up the whole container as long as it is microwave safe). They are great for packing lunches or snacks for when you're on the go. I also like that they're reusable. I get frustrated when using wrap - it seems like it sticks to my hands more than it does to the food container! Foil is also a great alternative, especially if you want to throw away the container once you eat the food. It heats well in the oven too.

working