What is a neutrino? Is it possible For a neutrino to be the smallest particle i

1. BakerRambles profile image85
    BakerRamblesposted 6 years ago

What is a neutrino?  Is it possible For a neutrino to be the smallest particle in the universe?

2. profile image0
    Infinite712posted 6 years ago

There is no "smallest particle in the universe". All objects must contain inner-architecture (smaller particles) ad-infinitum. The idea of a perfectly solid elementary particle does not make any sense. What would be inside of this alleged 'elementary particle'. This is idealism at it's worst.

So, to answer your question. There is no smallest particle. Matter is infinite in both the microscopic and macroscopic directions.

http://infinite712.hubpages.com/hub/The … e-Universe

3. hermitian profile image60
    hermitianposted 6 years ago

In all the reading that I've done about neutrinos I have never come across any HINT that the neutrino is made up of smaller particles. Neutrinos have an extremely small mass (even the existence of this mass is disputed, for a long time they were thought to have no mass), a half integer spin,  they have chirality (google this is you want, in fact look at the Wikipedia article on the neutrino, it is a bit technical but you can get an idea about neutrinos from that). Your previous answer is probably based on a theory about particles that can be neither proved nor disproved.