A neutrino

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (21 posts)
  1. BakerRambles profile image72
    BakerRamblesposted 12 years ago

Is a neutrino considered darkmatter?

1. paradigmsearch profile image58
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thinking.

1. emrldphx profile image61
        emrldphxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you feeling ok there buddy? big_smile

?

??

<--- Is confused tongue

2. BakerRambles profile image72
        BakerRamblesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's has got to be the best response I have ever heard anyone say in my life,  thank you.

2. paradigmsearch profile image58

:

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Via iphone. My opinion there is no dark matter. It was created to prop up the big bang theory.

It doesn't really prop up the Big Bang theory so much as it props up our theory of Gravity.

As an interesting side-note, neutrinos were discovered because there was a problem with radiation levels from supernovae. We decided there had to be something else that we couldn't see, we called it a 'neutrino', and we went looking for it. We're at the same stage with dark matter that we were with neutrinos not too long ago.(I apologize, but this is a simplified overview of neutrinos).

3. emrldphx profile image61
    emrldphxposted 12 years ago

No, a neutrino isn't dark matter.

Dark matter is something that needs to exist for gravity to work the way it does, according to our current understanding of gravity. In other words, the same gravity that works on earth, works without dark matter. But, the same gravity isn't sufficient to hold galaxies together without dark matter.

4. paradigmsearch profile image58
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

A neutrino has many possibilities. I wish to hear more.

5. knolyourself profile image61

I never looked for things. I use random experience. If I were to look for things I might find what I am looking for, whether it exists or not.

I have to agree with this...

6. paradigmsearch profile image58

I guess I must have figured where I might have been. Or not.

7. paradigmsearch profile image58

omg , lol. diary issues

8. knolyourself profile image61

"It doesn't really prop up the Big Bang theory so much as it props up our theory of Gravity."
    Would that be because things are suppose to be moving in a way consistent with the big bang theory, but since they are not there must be something holding it all back.

No. Actually, the Big Bang theory suggested that the Universe would slow down in its acceleration and eventually collapse in on itself, but we are finding that to not be the case.

It has to do with experiments that were done with bending light, modelling galaxies, etc... When researchers modeled the Milky Way with the same model of gravity that we use on earth, stars and solar systems just flew violently out of orbit in the simulations. They had to crank up gravity by something like 500% to get it to work properly. The only way that gravity could be that high, is for there to be matter that we can't see yet.

The Big Bang problem with acceleration is being addressed with dark energy, which is completely different than dark matter. The word 'dark' is just used because it's something we can't detect right now.

1. BakerRambles profile image72
        BakerRamblesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Would that mean that no matter what instant and where we are standing in accordance to everything and nothing, the free flying particles that are everywhere it seems in spurts are neutrinos.  I have found that neutrinos are formed from solar flares, among others such as supernovas, black hole events, etc, that in the moment creates a single, and sometimes grouped neutrino compacts.  I believe that these articles are the concept behind the gravity of the universe as a whole.  It's as if saying, just as elements have so many electrons, neutrons, and protons, and each sub group has a gravity lined center, nucleus, that holds it together. 

Planets=particles on micro scale, would give rise to ever deceasing sizes of things, planet, human, ant, micro organism, protons, neutrinos, ?, ?, ?, and so forth

9. knolyourself profile image61

Good explanation.

10. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 12 years ago

What on earth are you all talking about? Lost.

11. paradigmsearch profile image58

The old trino was the site of the Enrico Fermi Nuclear Power Plant.

The new trinos live in a commune in Italy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trino

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)