jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What are the Implications of the Mayan Calendar and December 2012. Is the world

1. viquar profile image73
    viquarposted 5 years ago

What are the Implications of the Mayan Calendar and December 2012. Is the world really going to end?

With the impending doomsday theories of 2012, people are spending more time pondering Mayan predictions and their calendar system. Why do people create such a hype about the upcoming month of December? What do the Mayans predict about the specific date? Are there any scientific proof if such an event could happen?

2. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 5 years ago
  3. bmcoll3278 profile image76
    bmcoll3278posted 5 years ago

My 12 year old was telling me the Mayans did not count leap year so the date was over 8 months ago if this is correct then no. I did a hub about it here

4. ThunderKeys profile image64
    ThunderKeysposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure, but this sure is some scary stuff from MIT about the ability of the globe sustain current levels of consumption! - Predicting collapse for 2030...

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2 … lapse-2030

5. cascoly profile image60
    cascolyposted 5 years ago

simple answer is no - why would the mayans have any special knowledge that rejects anything modern science  can show?  also, the mayans didnt predict the end of the world at all - they just came to the end of their calendar cycle.  just like our calendar starts over again every jan 1, the mayan calendar would just start counting again

6. fit2day profile image74
    fit2dayposted 5 years ago

I follow the calendar I bought at the dollar store and anyone following the Mayan calendar should just sign everything they own over to me on December 20th

7. jirel profile image69
    jirelposted 5 years ago

I just know that Mayans predicted the end of a cycle.It necessarily doesn't mean the world will end.A new cycle will start again.From what I've read and heard, the earth will be a better place to live after that.All things will change.People mentality and their behaviour will change and they will be better humans.A lot of destruction will take place but bring a new time and cycle.

8. S.Veena profile image61
    S.Veenaposted 5 years ago

Let's wait for 21 Dec. 2012, you will get the final answer.

9. ackman1465 profile image60
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

I've got a case of AA batteries and several cases of beer out in my garage, in preparation for whatever might happen on that fateful day......

10. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years ago

Mayan descendants and scientis look at the evidence here and claiom no Doomsday to be predicted:

http://pattyinglishms.hubpages.com/hub/ … ans-On-PBS