How do we stop under age children from getting on facebook

1. profile image55
    shorty72posted 6 years ago

How do we stop under age children from getting on facebook

Working in a school I know a lot of children , but it seems now they are trying to be my friend on facebook . I don't accept because I am not allowed but it worries me to see so many with accounts . How do we stop this if we can ?

2. Cammiebar profile image74
    Cammiebarposted 6 years ago

I don't it's possible to stop them from getting on Facebook.  Only their parents could probably step in, but you can create a Facebook account with a false name very easily.  The only thing that can be done is wait until the next big social network comes along, encourage and teach them safe behavior on a social networking site, and explain that you can not  be friends with them on Facebook.  Other than that, I think keeping them away is kind of a lost cause.  But I know how you feel.

3. LoriSoard profile image75
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

Unless you plan to lock them in a room without Internet, you can't. It is really up to the parents to decide. For example, I let my daughters have one when they were 13, but I had their password and had to be friends with their friends. If I saw anything inappropriate, I was able to step in immediately. Also, I put parental controls on the computer that notify me if a second account is created and will even log chats and posts if I want. One daughter did try to make a fake account and I caught her at it and we went unplugged for two weeks as punishment (no cell phone, no computer, no iPod). However, you can't control what parents do with their own children and many are not on top of things these days.