How to stop missing the one you once cared for?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)
  1. DDE profile image48
    DDEposted 9 years ago

How to stop missing the one you once cared for?

Loving and caring for someone is all part of what goes on in close relationships or friendships. How  would you find a way to stop missing the one who often came around and visited but no longer shows up? You had a close friendship with someone and now they don't come to visit and you really miss  their conversations. What would you do?

2. goodnews11 profile image85
    goodnews11posted 9 years ago

Try to be in touch with them through social networks. I have never missed any of my friends as I am very close to them through social networks such as facebook, google plus, twitter etc.. After the arrival of smart phones being in touch with them has become some what easier than before. We are all connected through whatsapp..

1. DDE profile image48
      DDEposted 9 years agoin reply to this

A helpful answer and works perfectly in this modern day. Thank you

2. goodnews11 profile image85
      goodnews11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you... Devika Primić

3. mr-veg profile image60
    mr-vegposted 9 years ago

Well if someone who used to meet one very often,  no longer shows up, then there might be  a reason towards it. Start digging up towards the reason and then work it out.. or better find another person with similar interests and fill in the void... I know its tough but that's the way to go in the world where things changes every minute.

1. DDE profile image48

Thank you it is a tough world and  also with the many changes that we have to adapt to.

4. Sparklea profile image60
    Sparkleaposted 9 years ago

I had a close friend when I was first married, she was the best friend I ever had.  Then we moved to another town, and we still kept in touch.  We lost touch after the marriage to my first husband broke up.  She and her husband were very good friends with my ex in-laws, and they stayed friends forever.  When my ex-mother-in-law passed, I went to her funeral with my daughter and there was my friend at the funeral.  It had been over 20 years.  She lives in Cooperstown, about 2 hours away from me.
    I drove to Cooperstown shortly after, we had lunch.  I tried to re-ignite the friendship, but she never responded to my Christmas cards or the letters inside.  VERY sad loss for me.
    I just read goodnews11 about social connection, so I looked her up on Facebook and there she is!  I sent a friend request and a note...hopefully we can reconnect, but I don't think she is on it very much.
    Same story with another close friend from college...tracked her down on FB, but she has only sent a couple emails.  I SO would love to see them, this other friend is about 3 hours away.  They both live close enough ...

I DO miss our close friendships and conversations.  I am sad about the way society is today.  No one has TIME!  I truly think we had more time 25 years ago, I really do...there were no grandchildren, and all the problems that exist in family relationships today.

So what would I do?  The same as goodnews11.  Trying to connect through Facebook at this point.  But things are never the same are they?   Time passes, things change and people change.  I miss those days.

All this being said, I feel like enormous growth and valuable lessons have transpired...we don't get old, we grow in wisdom, and we become more grateful as the years whiz by.  Blessings, Sparklea wink

1. DDE profile image48

You know reconnecting to friends from the past is such an effort for many and the loss is sad. Thank you for sharing your story.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)