jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the one question you think a student should ask about a college?

1. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 6 years ago

What is the one question you think a student should ask about a college?

2. peramore20 profile image80
    peramore20posted 6 years ago

You should always ask if the school is accredited.

3. VirginiaLynne profile image98
    VirginiaLynneposted 6 years ago

Trying to decide between 2 colleges?  Unique ideas for how to figure out which one is the best for you. read more

4. bandmwright profile image59
    bandmwrightposted 6 years ago

Definitely ask if the school is accredited.  Also, ask is any of your AP/ college level courses taken in high school are transferable. Time frame as to when you should enter in your financial aid.  Definitely want to know what the student to teacher ratio is typically in a class!

5. profile image73
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

I think it's true that you should make sure a college is accredited, but quite frankly I would make sure that is the case on the website before even making it to the school to be there asking questions in person in the first place.  Some questions to consider:

*What are the strengths of your _____ program?
    *What opportunities are available for internships?
    *Are professors required to hold office hours, and how many hours per week are they available?
    *if you're considering majoring in science, ask about research opportunities, and lab facilities.

If you're planning to go to a residential college and live there, I would also ask questions such as:
    *What percentage of students live on campus?
    *What types of activities/events take place on campus, and how often are events held?
    *What is the food like?
    *What are the hours of the library?
    *Is wireless internet available on campus/in residence halls?

working