If you could change 1 thing about the world by the power of your words, what wou

1. MatthewLeo1701 profile image73
    MatthewLeo1701posted 6 years ago

If you could change 1 thing about the world by the power of your words, what would you write about?

If you could change one thing about the world strictly by the power of your writing, what would you write about? For example, if you were to write a Hub that had absolute sway over all of those who read it, for better or worse, what would you choose to write about.

2. msorensson profile image73
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

Peace begins and ends within. Therefore that sentence will be,"Let there be peace in our hearts"

3. Emanate Presence profile image77
    Emanate Presenceposted 5 years ago

Absolute sway.... That's a tough one, as what I would write about would inspire people to realize their innate gifts and inner resources - but having absolute sway would by definition override that intention.

No one can make another person grow in strength and maturity to go through their challenges. It can only come from within each individual. I would not even want to 'make another person' do anything, as I deeply respect that everyone has their own path and timing. I would not overrule the beliefs and choices of another even if I had the power.

If someone comes to me with a question, or asks for help, that is different. Then I would go to great lengths to respond and gladly - because it also uses well my own gifts. And on a deeper level we are all one. Helping another in this way is not even unselfish, as it also helps me.

Back to your question, well, I *am* writing what I would write about! It is not with a motive to change the world or any person, but simply to put out my truth. I love to read comments that my writing has touched someone - and love to take the connections further when it is meant to be - but I no longer try to make this happen. I have learned to not attempt to sway others, rather to go through my own processes of growing in spiritual maturity and writing from the heart. That also happens to be the best I can do 'for the world.'