jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Who should have gotten a Nobel Prize but didn't?

1. Hypersapien profile image37
    Hypersapienposted 5 years ago

Who should have gotten a Nobel Prize but didn't?

Without regard to area of contribution - peace, phsyics, literature, etc. - who is someone who should have received a Nobel Prize but hasn't or didn't?

2. Africanus profile image60
    Africanusposted 5 years ago

Graham Greene, the English writer who wrote The Third Man, The End of the Affair, and Brighton Rock among others.
    I still cannot understand why Winston Churchill was awarded the price for literature, though.

3. Doc Snow profile image99
    Doc Snowposted 5 years ago

Margaret Atwood, for literature.  I hope that she will win while still around.  (Actually, that's redundant, come to think of it, since Nobels only go to living recipients.) 

There aren't too many writers who (like her) have excelled as novelist, poet and critic--and who have largely defined their nation's cultural identity for a particular time in history.

(She did win the 2000 Booker Prize, though, for "The Blind Assassin."  Not a bad consolation prize, should the Nobel never come through!)

4. ahmed.b profile image77
    ahmed.bposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6278402_f260.jpg

My answer is Abdul Sattar Edhi. He is a Pakistani philanthropist, founder and head of the Edhi Foundation, the world's largest ambulance help service and charity. Together with his wife, Bilquis Edhi, he received the 1986 Ramon Magsaysay Award for Public Service. He is also the recipient of the Lenin Peace Prize and the Balzan Prize. I respect this man because of outstanding efforts he has made not only in Pakistan but also else where without considering any political, religious or ethnic biasism. And while we look back in his early life he was just a labour when he started his practical life. This was his porsonal commitment and love for humanity which enable him to build a huge embulace service. And this all he has been doing from last about four decades.

working