jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Which French words do you know and use?

1. EuroCafeAuLait profile image85
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 6 years ago

Which French words do you know and use?

2. Daxman profile image60
    Daxmanposted 6 years ago

Tre bien
    Je m' apelle...
    Voulez vouz coucher avec moi big_smile

3. chrae profile image71
    chraeposted 6 years ago

Merci, Bonjour, oui, Tre Bein, te toi and parle vous francias (even though I really can't)

4. Trevor Davis profile image54
    Trevor Davisposted 6 years ago

Sacre Bleu!

5. Maude Gervais profile image53
    Maude Gervaisposted 6 years ago

Ok this answer will probably not be fair because my mother tongue is French but the question got my attention! What's really funny about words that have no translation in English such as déjà vu, crème de la crème etc, etc. is that I never know how to pronounce them when I'm talking with English speakers. I don't know if they would understand me if I pronounce them in French but it just sounds so wrong for me to say it with an English accent! Anyways, la langue française est la plus belle! (French is the most beautiful language tongue )

6. buckleupdorothy profile image84
    buckleupdorothyposted 6 years ago

There is so much French in English that I think a lot of people use more French than they think they do. Pay attention to the etymology of words and you will be impressed by the breadth of any language.

7. profile image54
    akollipaposted 6 years ago

parlez-vous anglais? (do you speak french?, formal)

qu'est-ce que ca veux dire? (what does this mean?)

qu'est-ce que vous avez fait? or qu'avez-vous fait? (what have you done?, formal)

kwa d9? (what's new?, texting)

fo ke kelkun... (its necessary for someone (to)..., texting/slang)

I took french through high school and also learned some filthy words in french, which I will not post.