jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Has your personality changed from what it was like when you were 13 years old?

1. LailaK profile image78
    LailaKposted 6 years ago

Has your personality changed from what it was like when you were 13 years old?

2. sangre profile image95
    sangreposted 6 years ago

I now filter what I say and I think the older I got the less information  I am likely to give out.

When your younger you are more inclined to answer everything asked of you, now I would tell someone to mind their own business. Maybe it's the age we are in but I think 13 years ago things were a lot different.

3. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Only slightly. Our personalities are mostly set from birth. We can see how children will turn out as early as age 2 or 3.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Yes, very much.  At 13 I was very shy, awkward and totally at the mercy of what other people thought (or what I thought they thought) of me.  I guess that is pretty typical at 13.

Now I am not shy but do tend to be a loner. I am not afraid to take a stand.  I would like to be liked, but it isn't necessary for my self esteem.

5. Sparklea profile image76
    Sparkleaposted 6 years ago

Yes!  Thank God!

I was extremely timid, a people pleaser, a crybaby, terrified of everything, and so wanted human approval!

Looking back, I don't know who that person was. 

Alot happened to me between the ages of 13 and 19.  By that time I was a train wreck with feet.

At age 19 I walked into a church.  I can't remember the exact words the minister said, but I still have it logged in my diary about walking into that building. 

It was the beginning of my restoration and the start of my journey into a spiritual life with God and His Son Jesus Christ as my life-long Guides.

I wish I had known as a child He was the answer to everything, but I was never told that. 

However, despite all the trials, tribulations, and mistakes I have made, experience has, hopefully, made me a better and wiser person. 

Also, I pray God will use me to inspire others through writing and speaking and keep me here awhile.  I am so thankful for the wonderful people I have already met through HubPages.

Blessings to all, Sincerely, Sparklea smile