Are nanoparticles the solution against cancer cells?

1. againsttheodds profile image80
    againsttheoddsposted 6 years ago

Are nanoparticles the solution against cancer cells?

With the numerous medical nanotechnology applications that different nanoparticles are displaying, are nano particles going to be the cure for most types of cancer?  Bio-detectors and drug transport NPs seem to be the wave of the future.  They can also rely on their size and unique quantum effects as well as magnetic properties and surface treatments.  As with most things in life, nanoparticles are a dangerous double edge that balances their future uses in nanomedicine offset by the dangers of human and environmental toxicity.  What other specific ways are NPs equipping doctors with new tools?

2. Vegas Elias profile image30
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

I feel nanotechnology is the greatest invention of the current century. It could be a very effective remedy to kill and disintegrate cancer cells, kidney stones and repair blocked arteries. I am a layman as far as science is concerned but I do read a lot and understand what goes on.
    I feel future space exploration may also utilize nanotechnology which will turn out to be much cheaper; compared to the cost of sending heavy rockets and satellites into space.