jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you ever reflect on light?

1. YogaKat profile image87
    YogaKatposted 6 years ago

Do you ever reflect on light?

"For the rest of my life I want to be able to reflect on what light is" is a quote by Albert Einstein.

2. Ciel Clark profile image74
    Ciel Clarkposted 6 years ago

Where I live, the land is very plain, but the skies are amazing.  Every day I look up and admire.

3. Raziya22 profile image53
    Raziya22posted 6 years ago

i want to do it but how..........................

4. Sparklea profile image76
    Sparkleaposted 6 years ago

Yes, all the time.  Light is the opposite of darkness, yet we need the night time for resting.  There is nothing like a day of sunshine, blue sky, moving clouds and a soft breeze.  This is a free gift to cherish.

A few years ago a friend of mine, and I, drove to Springfield Missouri (from Upstate New York) to attend a wedding reception.  It took us two days to get there.  After staying a week, we started home on Labor Day morning.  We had a 12 hour drive ahead of us to get us to Ohio where we would spend the night. 

We were on the road an hour, and it started to rain.  For twelve hours solid, the rain came down in torrents.  There were constant flood watches announced on the radio.  We had to stop several times because of poor visibility.  My car engine light came on (called my husband on his cell and he said to ignore it...I trusted him).  It was still raining when we checked into the hotel AND the next morning when we started out again around 6 a.m.

It continued to rain until around 9 a.m.  Then we noticed the sky...it had started to whiten, and the rain had slowed down.  Gray clouds floated along, then, suddenly, we saw a patch of blue sky!  The SUN came out!  By the time we arrived home around 4:00 p.m. the air was crisp, and the sun shone all that day.

I have never forgotten the way I felt to see the sun come out!  I felt as if were were entering the land of OZ!  Never was I so thankful and grateful for LIGHT!

To this day, I never take Light for granted, and, yes, in answer to your question, I reflect on it constantly.  Especially after a couple gloomy, rainy days.

Blessings, Sparklea smile

5. ercramer36 profile image94
    ercramer36posted 6 years ago

The only light that I think about is the true light, Jesus Christ.  He is the one who made all other lights.

6. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 6 years ago

The scientific and spiritual meaning behind light has always fascinated me. I'm attracted to color, vibrance, hue, etc. It's a never ending quest for me to capture it in my artwork.

working