How many colleges did you apply to? How many accepted you, wait-listed you, and

1. Tiger Mom profile image60
    Tiger Momposted 6 years ago

How many colleges did you apply to?  How many accepted you, wait-listed you, and denied you?

Back in the day, I applied to three colleges, and was accepted to all three. Now a days high school students apply to a great deal more colleges.  What is the highest number you've heard of students applying to, and why?

2. PhiMaths ATB profile image61
    PhiMaths ATBposted 6 years ago

I applied to 6 and got into 3 for my undergraduate studies, though that was in the UK where the UCAS system allows up to six applications for the same fee. If I had applied to schools in the US it probably would have been fewer, as the application fees are outrageous.

On the other hand, applying for PhDs I have made about a dozen applications, though I've not heard back from all of them yet. (wish me luck)

3. larcaustin46 profile image85
    larcaustin46posted 6 years ago

I planned to apply to three schools, but based on my test scores, my first choice accepted me on (very!) early admission, so I didn't bother applying to the other two schools.

My daughter is in high school now, and I'm hearing that most seniors are applying to five or six, getting accepted by two or three, and waiting until the last possible moment to decide (on the hopes of getting a last-minute acceptance at their dream school).  Lots of drama, tension, and stress...

working