Which is the most unusual mammal?

1. Myn Is Me profile image72
    Myn Is Meposted 6 years ago

Which is the most unusual mammal?

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

If you take a look at all the different rituals and beliefs of people I would have to say humans are the most unusual mammal.

3. Nettlemere profile image95
    Nettlemereposted 6 years ago

Arguably the Aardvark because it is the only surviving member of the order Tubilidenta so has no close relatives or the only other order with only one member that I am aware of is the Microbiotheria order, which contains a single species of primate like marsupial. Both of those could be contenders.
    I would put forward the naked mole rat as a possible contender, it looks odd, though recognisably rodenty and has an usual social set up around a 'queen' rat, more akin to that seen in bees or ants.
    The Aye Aye could win a few votes because it is a nocturnal lemur inhabiting the 'woodpecker' niche in Madagascar. It has a very long thin finger which it uses to hook out grubs in wood, having gnawed a hole to get beneath the bark.
    I'd also put forward the Okapi which is a relative of the giraffe which looks like an animal which couldn't decide whether to be a giraffe, antelope or a zebra. It has stripey legs, big diamond shaped ears, a blue tongue, moderately long neck, lovely velvet brown coat.
    Hard to argue with Jesus was a hippy's proposal that humans are the oddest overall.

working