jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do You Think Women Really Talk More Than Men?

1. Shil1978 profile image93
    Shil1978posted 5 years ago

Do You Think Women Really Talk More Than Men?

That's the popular perception anyway!!  If 'Yes,' why do you think women talk more?  If 'No," why is this the popular perception?

2. ssaffery profile image84
    ssafferyposted 5 years ago

This question needs to be specific as there are people who are more introverted than extroverted. Wouldn't you agree? But if you have a man and woman who are both extroverted, they will be garroulous as parrots in a cage, non-stop chitter chatter. But if you have a man and woman who are both introverted, they will both be quiet and I think the chickens or the crickets, depending on the time of day, coyotes at midnight, anyway, the animals and bugs will be the ones doing all the talking.

3. profile image0
    Duchess OBluntposted 5 years ago

I know way too many men who talk so much more than women, so my answer would have to be an emphatic no.
    I think it is likely a popular perception because men would rather be perceived that way.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I don't think it can be generalized like that.  In our family we are about equal.  My husband is a talker and I don't ever have to push him to share things.  In fact, sometimes, when I am writing -well it can get distracting.

5. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 5 years ago

Absolutely not. There is little evidence of this being a "gender issue;" however, perhaps one could link this to another association namely intelligence... Has anyone ever heard the dated phrase, "Shallow brooks are noisey"?

working