jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What causes stuttering?

1. Myn Is Me profile image70
    Myn Is Meposted 6 years ago

What causes stuttering?

What causes people to stammer? And repeat their words or first letters of a word?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6413631_f260.jpg

2. Jangaplanet profile image77
    Jangaplanetposted 6 years ago

Hi Myn Is Me,

Stuttering appears to be a neurophysiological problem and not a psychological problem as it was once believed, but what causes the neurophysiological problem is still a mystery. While no single cause of stuttering has been found, some have suggested  that Genetics, Neurological Components, language development may play an important role. I hope I made sense! smile

Great question!

3. Shahid Bukhari profile image59
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

Stuttering is caused ...
    "When the Brain's Neuronal Activity, is faster than its Motor Activity" ... Thus, a matter of faulty Coordination.

Meaning .. When Ideas are faster, than the Vocal Capacity ... i.e., the Physical failing to keep up, with the Mental, Activity ...

A Dysfunctional, unsynchronised Activity, of the Brain, Larynx and Tongue, is Stuttering.

The cure is to "Cool down the Faster of the Two" ... re-learn to think and Speak in a Coordinated manner ... To Think, as fast as your larynx and tongue ... can move ... or Talk as fast as your brain can Think.

4. health advice profile image79
    health adviceposted 6 years ago

Lack of proper control over the muscles of the mouth and tongue which are used in speech. Stammering is a nervous trouble.

working