What would be the best way to get people to donate to a good cause that would he

1. justateacher profile image83
    justateacherposted 5 years ago

What would be the best way to get people to donate to a good cause that would help children?

I am trying to get a free tutoring business up and running and need to ask for donations. What have you done or seen done (besides the usually car washes and such) that made a lot of money fairly quickly?

2. ahmed.b profile image77
    ahmed.bposted 5 years ago

I think if your cause is true and you are so determinant to it, it speaks itself. And I believe there are people all around to donate for some good cause. Just few other things you can do is first approach your friends and relatives and tell them about your motivation. If they are convinced, you got a start. Because friends and relatives are something which can know you more than anyone. So if they are convinced than it will become a chain reaction and you will fine more and more people who can monetarily of physically or in terms of time want to help your cause growing.

3. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

Would you be able to have some kind of debate or demonstration of talent where people could purchase tickets or make donations at the door?  Parents love to attend functions where their children are center stage.  You could let them invite friends, grandparents, etc.  How about inviting some of your clients, suppliers and the media?  You could provide a some light refreshments -  donated by parents.